We live in a thriving hub of production. The Bluegrass Region is home to a myriad of manufacturers that distribute and sell products across the country and around the world. Made in the Bluegrass celebrates our home of production success.
Name of Company: Alltech’s Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.
Location Address: 401 Cross St., at the intersection of Versailles Rd. and Maxwell St.
Years in the Bluegrass: Distillery opened in September 2012
Name of parent company and location: Alltech, Inc., Nicholasville, Ky.
Number of employees: 45
Number of front office/managerial employees: 4
Products Produced: Town Branch Bourbon; Pearse Lyons Reserve, a malt whiskey; and Bluegrass Sundown, a dark roasted coffee infused with Kentucky Bourbon.
Other products produced by Alltech: Alltech’s primary business is producing natural solutions for animal nutrition. Alltech’s Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co. is the maker of Kentucky Ale, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Kentucky Light and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout. Alltech also has recently introduced its Lyons Farm beef and poultry, which is available at Critchfield Meats, numerous Lexington area restaurants and online at lyonsfarm.com.
More interesting Alltech Distillery facts:
• It produces the only Bourbon crafted in Lexington, Ky.
• Town Branch Bourbon is named for the limestone-rich waterway that runs under Lexington.
• Town Branch Bourbon and Pearse Lyons Reserve are distilled in two towering coppery pot stills built in Scotland.
• The Bourbon is aged at a warehouse in Bardstown, Ky. and then returned to the distillery.
• Products are hand-bottled for distribution.
Website address: www.kentuckyale.com/town-branch; www.alltech.com